Children & Young People
In an emergency contact the police on telephone number 999
If you’ve got a problem or are worried about someone, it can be hard to know what to do. You don’t have to cope on your own. You have the right to grow up safe from people hurting you.
What is child abuse?
Child abuse is when you or another child or young person is being harmed or isn’t being looked after properly.
Remember, being abused is never your choice and never your fault. Child abuse is never right. Here are some things to look out for:
- not being fed
- being continuously criticised, ignored or humiliated
- being asked to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable
- being frightened when left alone without an adult to look after you
- being hit, kicked or punched
- being sexually abused (this can include inappropriate sexual behaviour, language or touching)